I'm lovin' this new style of Jerusalem! It's been a constant wind storm for 2 days straight, which is a little scary, but mostly fun. Today Amy, Megan, Kim, Jordan, Ally, and I went out to the city with the crazy-ness. We froze, but had fun doing it.
Highlights:
1. We explored a new place that Brother Chadwick believes to be the real Calvary Hill. He has very good evidence to back him up that this is the actual place. Everyone has to make their own educated guess. It's now a Muslim cemetery, that only muslims are allowed in... We were rebellious and went in. It was really pretty cool.
2. Megan slipped down the stairs at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Also got proposed to, and then offered a cigarette by the same man.
3. The natural beauty of the city. Sometimes I forget to look at the architecture of the city... while wandering around today I paid closer attention to small details and fell more in love
4. everyone had a nice layer of dust in their eye lashes. The sky and everything else is a dull gray today from all the wind and a constant whistle.
5. I got my nieces and nephews presents today... I hope they love it as much as I do!
6. I bought this shirt today: It's Muslim, Jewish and Catholic religion symbols. The religions I deal with every day here.
7. Spent a whole lot of time in a book store... I could have spent all day.
8. We realized that in 5 short days our options for boys to look at/like/date is multiplied by a trillion. Our options are so limited we sometimes we start to think, "yeah, I could date _______" I'm sure its the exact same for the boys. Meg said today, "Boys, i'm really not as attractive here as I am back home!"
9. I'm watching THE GRINCH! It's even beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
10. Sister/Dr. Christine Jackson (one of our service couples) has a brain tumor (that we previously didn't know about until it got worse enough for her to tell us just a couple days ago) that she thought she had under control. It's been acting up and the District President felt that it was necessary for her to go home and get it checked up. She left tonight. It was really a sweet experience. We surrounded her and sang "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" and "You Are My Sunshine" She replied saying, "It wasn't a sacrifice to come here, it is a sacrifice to leave." I love this lady. She has the eternal perspective on everything. I saw her in the bathroom yesterday and she said "Maybe this is our trial, that we actually have to come home from our mission instead of stay out." These two are so influential in our center both being Medical Doctors, and Dr. John is our district counselors that travel each week to visit branches in Tel Aviv, Galilee, or Bethlehem. Dr. Christine has a check up a couple hours from when she lands, and I can't wait to hear the results. Please keep her in your prayers.
11. We had an AMAZING devotional put on by our director Dr. Kent Jackson who is the man that was/is in charge of the Joseph Smith Translations. He's THE man that made it possible to come out. We use it so so much here, I can't believe we have such wonderful people as our leaders. If anyone wants the notes, i'd love to share! (Email me at Meganjill24@gmail.com) Wow, I learned SO much.
12. The power goes out about ever 20-30 minutes. Brother Jackson said he's never seen this many power outages for a LONG time here. His wife was in an elevator yesterday when it went out. Good thing it was only off for 15 seconds or so.
Today was just amazing. I was with people that made me feel so comfortable, that took the cold like men, laughed about all our problems, and were so positive. I'm DONE with all of my papers and it feels weird, I learned so much today in so many ways, now on to a 8 or 9 other projects I want to do before Thursday at 6:00.
Highlights:
1. We explored a new place that Brother Chadwick believes to be the real Calvary Hill. He has very good evidence to back him up that this is the actual place. Everyone has to make their own educated guess. It's now a Muslim cemetery, that only muslims are allowed in... We were rebellious and went in. It was really pretty cool.
2. Megan slipped down the stairs at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Also got proposed to, and then offered a cigarette by the same man.
3. The natural beauty of the city. Sometimes I forget to look at the architecture of the city... while wandering around today I paid closer attention to small details and fell more in love
4. everyone had a nice layer of dust in their eye lashes. The sky and everything else is a dull gray today from all the wind and a constant whistle.
5. I got my nieces and nephews presents today... I hope they love it as much as I do!
6. I bought this shirt today: It's Muslim, Jewish and Catholic religion symbols. The religions I deal with every day here.
7. Spent a whole lot of time in a book store... I could have spent all day.
8. We realized that in 5 short days our options for boys to look at/like/date is multiplied by a trillion. Our options are so limited we sometimes we start to think, "yeah, I could date _______" I'm sure its the exact same for the boys. Meg said today, "Boys, i'm really not as attractive here as I am back home!"
9. I'm watching THE GRINCH! It's even beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
10. Sister/Dr. Christine Jackson (one of our service couples) has a brain tumor (that we previously didn't know about until it got worse enough for her to tell us just a couple days ago) that she thought she had under control. It's been acting up and the District President felt that it was necessary for her to go home and get it checked up. She left tonight. It was really a sweet experience. We surrounded her and sang "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" and "You Are My Sunshine" She replied saying, "It wasn't a sacrifice to come here, it is a sacrifice to leave." I love this lady. She has the eternal perspective on everything. I saw her in the bathroom yesterday and she said "Maybe this is our trial, that we actually have to come home from our mission instead of stay out." These two are so influential in our center both being Medical Doctors, and Dr. John is our district counselors that travel each week to visit branches in Tel Aviv, Galilee, or Bethlehem. Dr. Christine has a check up a couple hours from when she lands, and I can't wait to hear the results. Please keep her in your prayers.
11. We had an AMAZING devotional put on by our director Dr. Kent Jackson who is the man that was/is in charge of the Joseph Smith Translations. He's THE man that made it possible to come out. We use it so so much here, I can't believe we have such wonderful people as our leaders. If anyone wants the notes, i'd love to share! (Email me at Meganjill24@gmail.com) Wow, I learned SO much.
12. The power goes out about ever 20-30 minutes. Brother Jackson said he's never seen this many power outages for a LONG time here. His wife was in an elevator yesterday when it went out. Good thing it was only off for 15 seconds or so.
The only Christmas shop we ever saw!
Today was just amazing. I was with people that made me feel so comfortable, that took the cold like men, laughed about all our problems, and were so positive. I'm DONE with all of my papers and it feels weird, I learned so much today in so many ways, now on to a 8 or 9 other projects I want to do before Thursday at 6:00.

You can't leave until you explain to me how to get to the true Calvary Hill. I love the shirt! Where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteAh! Why can't you just learn with us here! I wish you could be every one of our classes. It's just on Saladin street, I'll send you a picture along with all the other ones. I got the shirt at any of the random t-shirt stores in the old city! Sheban has had some in the past with the Angel Moroni as the I in coexsit. He might get more. Plus, You're SO good at commenting, I love it!
ReplyDeleteSo to hear about Sister/Dr. Jackson made me cry. What angels you are surrounded by. Yes I will pray! I can't even begin to thank all those that have influenced your life for the past fourish months. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! What a fun and crazy blog. The wind, proposal, boys, presents, the relief of finals being over, and how cool is that...coexist??? I didn't get it until I read "Just Us" comment. Is that your friend that goes to Hebrew University that you adore and want to do her life? Just guessing. I get to see you in 4 more days!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to blow kisses to every part of Jerusalem for me, okay? I will be back someday...with you??
ReplyDelete