Oh dear Sufganiyots, I love your jelly filled centers and your srunchy sprinkles... I'll miss you dearly!
This means the end of Hanukkah. It's truly been magical to light the Hanukkiah every night, saying "Chag Sameach" (happy holidays) dozens of times, learn about the re-dedication of the Temple (164BC), and visit the Western Wall.
Is was truly magical, I felt something close to the Christmas spirit as hundreds of Jews gathered on this square to sing songs and light the Menorah. The Governor of Jerusalem had the honors of lighting it, while everyone said "amen". We made a mad dash to have our last Sufganiyot, with much success. They had JUST come out of the oven and were divine. It was an experience I will never forget, to actually experience the holiday with the Jewish people. I'm excited to keep this tradition going for many years to come!
My view from the womens side
Last night we got to be at the Western Wall for the last hanukkiah lighting! There was one massive one on the southern wall lit by the Jewish Soldiers, with huge flames, then a smaller one lit right next to the western wall. (I think this may be a video of it, but we don't get any videos here so i apologize if not!)
This isn't the best picture, but until I can add mine, this'll have to do!
One final down, 2 more to go! We took our last Ancient Near East test (Hallelujah!) and it was a toughy. It took over 2 hours because he projected it on the screen, but I got a good chunk of Kingdom and the Crown read in between each question! Brother Chadwick is fantastic, and it get's me so excited for next semesters students to learn so much from him. Just like everyone else in Rexburg, Hawaii, and Provo we'll be studying like mad until our last test at 1:00 tomorrow.
Randoms: I love basking in the sun here. It's been chilly, and the sun was out today while I got to read for a bit. Truly a little gift. I love firsts so so much... even if it involves pain... sometimes? This may sound weird, but my ankle cracked! I was so excited! That means i've been walking tons and my feet are so used! I'm learning tons, and 7 more days until I leave this amazing place. Everyone at school, good blessings on tests! Study hard, stay healthy, and know that I love you! The sunset is a waitin' for me, gotta go!


I have no idea what sufganiyots means but it looks like a swear word :)
ReplyDelete