So I said yesterday was a perfect day, right? I think today was one of those days too.
I woke up so extremely happy for no reason at all.... except that the day was going to be so good, and I kind a knew Heavenly Father had something up his sleeve. Breakfast was the best. As always. I'm going to miss my variety of fruit all cut up so nicely, without any of my effort. Oh! and can't forget the french toast fried in oil... yeah, they're to die for, and will make me die sooner or later.
New testament was absolutely incredible today. We're learning about Christs last week of his life right now... Brother Judd is so incredibly intelligent when it comes to this stuff. He has SO many great quotes and lessons from these chapters that I could never dream up of. We learned about the actual process of the crucifixion today and how the ultimate purpose of the nailing to the cross was to suffocate someone, causing a slow and painful death. Christ... loves us so much. He gave his life for me. It was so powerful. Heavenly Father definitely taught me a whole lot about myself and the ways that I can improve and become more like this amazing man that gave EVERYTHING for me.
Ancient Near East was also fantastic. It was our last day with Brother Chadwick. It really was sad to be done. I've learned SO much in his class. I'm a different person because of that man. I can't believe the students have been so blessed to have him as our teacher. He clears up so many issues that I have with the Jewish culture, false opinions and facts that I get from people and relates it back to the gospel. I'm so sad it's over.
The rest of the day was spectacular. Most everyone went out to the city, while I ORGANIZED. I love organizing. I'm a nerd. It's so invigorating. Our bathtub that had black layer of slime 6 inches up the walls is now shiny and white. I can't believe none of us washed it this whole semester. That's disgustingly horrid. I reminisced so many fun memories of the semester with Tessa, organized my rocks (that sounds super nerdy, and it is) and just figured out my life for the next week. It was really great to see where I have been and where I am now spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Then I saw this beauty:
Hanukkah tonight was so great. Meg got us some Hanukkah donuts in town, of which we thoroughly enjoyed while I got to light the Hanukkiah tonight. We rushed to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat at Hebrew University and I loved every minute of it. I still can't figure out if the actors were in high school or College. The Elvis Pharaoh did a few too many hip thrusts for my liking, and Joseph(the actor) had a striking white Kippa on tonight. When we were walking out there were 2 boys/men that were standing there and I thought, "They're cute..." Then realized I hadn't been to a place where I can look at other boys in 3 & 1/2 months. It was a weird feeling. Best be gettin' used to it. I'll be home next Thursday at 10:00 am. Weird. Don't make me. Please?
Tonight I walked to H of U with Cherysh and Kim, both BYU-I friends and we started talking about Rexburg and it got me so so so so so excited to see the new building just dedicated, go to pond skimming, stadium singing, hot chocolate parties, 3 layers of leggins with jeans, 7:45 classes, daily phone calls with my mom, the sledding hill, the Hart, swim team, spanish, country dancing, Stephkatiesummerrachelsammiseanbrettrachellecaryssasarakarlahaydendavidzachallisontwilacurtishillarymichellekatherinedannyjennykyleemmamarisa, fields, temple, and just Idaho. I'm having such mixed feelings. I'm living in the moment though. I love my life here. I'm so so excited to play with my family ALL Christmas break. I'm so excited for Rexburg. How did i get so blessed? How are WE so blessed? I don't get it.
AHHHHHHH our Jerusalem Jew is coming home!!! Sorry, but I am sooo excited I can't hold back any longer!!!!! I know you will miss everything Israel and surrounding countries has given you. I will miss it too through you. How I have LOVED your blogs as you've made me feel I am almost there. Again I am so grateful you DESIRED this experience and all fell into place. The Lord is in the details of our lives, yes? I love you with ALL my Utah heart and it breaks just a little knowing you are waltzing in then out again of my life. :( But life goes on and on and on. Thank the angels for that.
ReplyDeleteThat is too funny that you spent the day organizing! I do that too sometimes - and it just might be 3 months before I get around to cleaning my bathroom :)!
ReplyDelete