Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shabbat in the Garden Tomb

We went to the garden tomb for the last time, and it was an incredible experience I won't forget. I've come to realize that it's really not the place that these events took place. It truly is in our own personal study, prayers, and in the temple. Yesterday was a whole series of blessings.
1. Fast sabbath. They change things.
2. Seminary-- fantastic. We set goals with Yaron and i'm really excited for the next two months with he and Andrew.
3. We were walking up the entrance to the garden. There were a couple groups congregating and one off to the left was unusually quiet. I looked at them for a second, and they were SIGNING! A whole deaf group! Oh I almost jumped up and screamed right then and there. I started chatting and I could tell none of us wanted to stop chatting. They were SO friendly and asking me a bunch of questions all at the same time I was asking them. Their tour guide had to practically peal us away.
4. The actual tomb was empty for a whole 10 minutes! We got to go into the tomb, sing some hymns, take as many pictures as we wanted, and take in the importance of the place, if this was really where Christ laid for 3 days or not, it was still an amazing experience.





5. I was having so much fun watching the different cultures all speaking different languages and all so beautiful. I walked up to a niggerian group that were so friendly. Ah, they are SO beautiful and I loved to hear about their life.
6. I got to talk to my parents. They're the best ever. They were up at our cabin, and I was a tad jealous... or REALLY jealous. Then again, i'm in Jerusalem.. sooo....
7. Sleepover with the roommates. YES. We lit our hanukkiah, piled our mattresses on the ground, played five crowns, and chatted until all of us couldn't stand it anymore.

1 comment:

  1. ...and I love your life too...and you...and Jerusalem...and all those that love you...and all those that have come in and out of your life...and the fact I get to put my arms around you in 10 days! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete