What a good day it's been. It seems like I say that a lot, but there are a lot of great things to learn, see, do, and we are so blessed. We went to the Ali Babba Mosque. Wow, what a beautiful place! I learned a lot about the culture today. A lot of detail I don't want to go into in fear of offending anyone with my limited knowledge, but I learned the most today of all the days. I understand why the men here are so free about their feelings towards us Americans with their cat calls, nasty comments and such. Thanks to the American movies, their opinion is forever ruined of good American girls. I'm going to stand up for my standards openly now, instead of laugh it off. Some of these men need to know not all American women are crazy about sex. That's only some men that think that. Okay i'm getting carried away.
So, we've been on the exodus route the whole trip. AH! The children of Israel are INCREDIBLE. From my recollection this trail was only supposed to take a total of 11 days, which ended up being a 40 year journey. I have grown so much respect for these people. There is absolutely NOTHING along the way. No vegetation. Nothing. We've stopped at a couple of oasis' and I can't imagine the absolute joy they would feel coming to a place with water. These places may, or may not have been the places they really did stop, but it's still cool to imagine them stopping at a place like this. We would be driving amongst mountains with no plants surrounding the area and then palm trees would pop up out of no where. The water tables are high in this area, hence the vegetation. We stopped at the place where it is believed Moses raised his staff to a rock and water flowed from it. The children of Israel murmured, and they had a right to!
As we traveled through the mountains were breath taking. I think the best way to explain them is a tiger print on a mountain. There are darker layers of rock randomly, beautifully, dispersed in the tan rock. They really were gorgeous. I can't wait to put pictures up of them! I just have to say, it was so so nice to travel through these valleys and deserts on an air conditioned bus. I'm spoiled, and I know it.
Also, I was sitting there chatting with Jordan and he said, "Okay, lets count the means of transportation." Great idea! This is what happened in a weeks time:
1. Bus
2. Plane
3. Taxi
4. Boat
5. Camel
6. Carriage
7. Train
We're pretty dang lucky. I love my life. I love Egypt.
As we traveled through the mountains were breath taking. I think the best way to explain them is a tiger print on a mountain. There are darker layers of rock randomly, beautifully, dispersed in the tan rock. They really were gorgeous. I can't wait to put pictures up of them! I just have to say, it was so so nice to travel through these valleys and deserts on an air conditioned bus. I'm spoiled, and I know it.
Here are just a few more beautiful pictures from our travel:
These boys lived at one of the Oasis that we stopped at!
Because we're on a bus sooooo long... we have to entertain ourselves some how.
Also, I was sitting there chatting with Jordan and he said, "Okay, lets count the means of transportation." Great idea! This is what happened in a weeks time:
1. Bus
2. Plane
3. Taxi
4. Boat
5. Camel
6. Carriage
7. Train
We're pretty dang lucky. I love my life. I love Egypt.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment