I can't believe the contention between the Palestinians and the Israelis. When we went to Egypt they forbade us to bring our Hebrew homework. They said we could get questioned for hours because of it. Why does there have to be so much contention???
So i've been thinking about contention and violence because we read in Judges last night for Old Testament pretty gross stuff and I live with in the midst of conflict. So so much violence was in the bible and it was bothering me. Really, why can't these people be poisoned, or even get sick instead if it was the Lords will instead of getting their head nailed to the ground through their temples? (Judges 4:21) Sorry for being graphic, it's been bothering me...so I asked Brother Muhlestein and he gave me a simple answer, but I needed to hear it. In the history of the world the countries with military power and violence excelled. They were glorified if they were violent! I don't live in this world at all, I haven't ever seen anyone killed and never hope to, but this seems to be a part of their life. So, living here I need to understand that violence is the way in which some people deal with the issues.
Just have to say a little bit about fruits and veggies... I LOVE THEM! I have missed them so much while in Egypt. For lunch today I had a massive salad with pomegranate carrots, plum, apple, and banana...I was in heaven. It makes me so so much more grateful for food when I go without.
Completely unrelated, but still a quote from today:
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in, broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming- WOW- What a ride!”
No comments:
Post a Comment