This field Trip we traveled to a Biblical Nature Reserve and we found so many fun things! These two, Jaquelin and Sabrina, Brother Muhleistines daughter, were my buddies during the trip, and they're so fun to watch their cute friendship.
Our tour guide in the orage shirt was kind of a crazy one! We were acting out Rebekah at the well and these kids made a train of camels that needed to be watered. Rebekah (Rachel) got to pull out real water from the cistern. It was not light!
This cicstern was really used thousands of years ago. The town fully relied on these to sustain their towns through the dry season. It was so cool to actually lift the water out!
We got to herd the sheep, like many people did back then... and still do. Cute Schneib with Sabrina on her back herding the papa of the group.
It's harder than it looks!
Resting from the hard work and watching the other group struggle.
Chreysh and I Gettin cozy with the goats!
We got to smoosh the common Hyssop bush. It was used for so many things in the bible! They used it in Moses' time to spread the blood on the door posts so the Angel of death will pass over. Also, they used the branch hyssop and soaked up vinegar and gave it to Christ while he was on the Cross. This plant amazes me because it can grow from minimal soil and water and has such a strong smell and flavor.
This man was the scribe for many people that would write the first 5 books of Moses in tiny papers for the jewish men to wear in a box on their arm and forehead.

A real 200 year old scroll of the scriptures
It's harder than it looks!
Resting from the hard work and watching the other group struggle.
Chreysh and I Gettin cozy with the goats!
We got to smoosh the common Hyssop bush. It was used for so many things in the bible! They used it in Moses' time to spread the blood on the door posts so the Angel of death will pass over. Also, they used the branch hyssop and soaked up vinegar and gave it to Christ while he was on the Cross. This plant amazes me because it can grow from minimal soil and water and has such a strong smell and flavor.
This man was the scribe for many people that would write the first 5 books of Moses in tiny papers for the jewish men to wear in a box on their arm and forehead.
A real 200 year old scroll of the scriptures
Judds and Muhelsteins cute kids looking at the chameleon they found!
We got to make our own pitas or unleavened bread and roast them over the fire!
Cooked! And burnt. We got to dip them in date honey... it's to die for. Mom, you'll love this stuff!
Cherysh Hubbard, Jamie Price, Amy Carsten, myself and cut Sabrina
Sukkot- the festival of the tabernacles... Look at my blog before to find out more info!
We got to make our own pitas or unleavened bread and roast them over the fire!
Cooked! And burnt. We got to dip them in date honey... it's to die for. Mom, you'll love this stuff!
Cherysh Hubbard, Jamie Price, Amy Carsten, myself and cut Sabrina
Sukkot- the festival of the tabernacles... Look at my blog before to find out more info!
Date palm trees! They look DELICIOUS!
This wheel runs water down a shaft to the right of this picture and lands in a bucket. This was used hundreds of years ago as an easier way to get water from lakes and streams.
Funny story, We were all sitting in a lecture from our tour guide. All of us were pretty pooped and then he asked for a boy to get in this wheel and start walking. Charles got in and started walking when the water came down the shaft. I hoped up from the front row and ran behind to get a picture of this. Our tour guide jokingly said, "Why are you running away? I'll give you some water i promise!" Then throws the bucket of pond scummy water all over me. It was hilarious. I had to pick off little pieces of scum all over my body after. It was totally worth it. Then we all sat down again and a lizard comes from the bush and runs up my leg scaring myself and the people on both sides of me. I needed to laugh at that particular moment and I think both of these were Heaven sent.
Our last bit of our tour in this put-put bus thing.
Picture below: I don't think there could be anything more adorable. Sabrina fell in love with Zane and was on perma-smile the ride home. She really is a bundle of love.
This wheel runs water down a shaft to the right of this picture and lands in a bucket. This was used hundreds of years ago as an easier way to get water from lakes and streams.
Funny story, We were all sitting in a lecture from our tour guide. All of us were pretty pooped and then he asked for a boy to get in this wheel and start walking. Charles got in and started walking when the water came down the shaft. I hoped up from the front row and ran behind to get a picture of this. Our tour guide jokingly said, "Why are you running away? I'll give you some water i promise!" Then throws the bucket of pond scummy water all over me. It was hilarious. I had to pick off little pieces of scum all over my body after. It was totally worth it. Then we all sat down again and a lizard comes from the bush and runs up my leg scaring myself and the people on both sides of me. I needed to laugh at that particular moment and I think both of these were Heaven sent.
Our last bit of our tour in this put-put bus thing.
Picture below: I don't think there could be anything more adorable. Sabrina fell in love with Zane and was on perma-smile the ride home. She really is a bundle of love.
Okay, so I'm reading along on your blog, just a studying the photos, then all of a sudden it dawns on me...WHAT!!!! I'm looking at photos!!!!! Woohoo! You finally have photos!!!! Thanks to umm...I forgot his name....for helping you figure this out. I am sooo happy. And could you tone down all that excitement you're having in Israel please? You have jealous people half way around good ole' mother earth.
ReplyDeleteHi meg,
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to talk to you today. Great to see some pictures show up on your blog!
Lots of love,
dad xoxoxox