Saturday, November 20, 2010

Galilee 7: Sabbath Tiberias Branch, River Jordan



Sabbath was the best today, like always. I got to go with the Muhlestein class (the other class) so I could see Yaron, our seminary student. Here he is! What an awesome kid. I'm so sad we only get to teach him for about 3 more weeks. It really has been such a great little blessing in my life to have this calling. I'm growing and learning SO much!
 So when we drove up the Sea was super close. We walked into the building, which is a house renovated into a small church. We had sacrament in the main level and upstairs it was a massive porch. When I walked out the door to the top my jaw literally dropped, I think Kim even started laughing at me from my amazement. The view was spectacular. The spirit confirmed to me that this is where Christ taught, this is his small branch of about 20 members in the land where he did so much of his teaching. 20 members! This is his branch, this is is church, I felt so at peace. I just sat there and stared for a good 15 minutes at the water. I felt so torn away when we had to go downstairs and have sacrament, where I could look at it over peoples heads.
 Lucky me with Andrew and Dan. These guys are so incredible. This wasn't the best view, but you get the idea.
 Church was... wow. The branch is planning on attending the church in Switzerland for the first time EVER! Wow, the service couples there are changing lives. I work with President and sister Harris a lot, dealing with Yaron, and I just want to hear so many stories, but they are too busy increasing the kingdom. So with the preparation for the temple, the speakers, which were all JC students talked about preparing to go to the temple. The spirit just burned in the room, i teared up multiple times, and it got me so excited to go through the temple. I'm so excited for these warm members that have NEVER been, when I get to go each week. I feel so blessed. Joseph gave his talk in spanish, and guess what?! I understood it! I know more Spanish than I thought! Oh this gets me so excited to take more Spanish winter semester!
I met Yaron's sweet parents, what wonderful people to sacrifice so much to live in this holy land. Ah, I am so grateful for incredible examples to me.
We stopped at the place where Christ was baptised, because this class hasn't been. It was amazing, again. I left the group and watched the baptisms of an african group. There were a bunch of people from Africa, and i'm pretty sure they were from specific tribes/had been from the markings on their faces. I had an overwhelming sense of love for them. They're my brothers and sisters! I'm so excited to talk to them in the eternities.

No comments:

Post a Comment