Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day- Israeli Style

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I feel like it's been a whole new aspect of Thanksgiving for me, since i've been getting a spiritual feast in Galilee all week. It's been one incredible day. Today was most definitely filled with blessings.
Our roommates were all exhausted I made them promise to wake up at 7:30 so I could sleep in... then I couldn't sleep. I got too excited about thanksgiving, I had to get up. They got "A turkey sat on a backyard fence...." song as a wake up call. We headed to breakfast with these babies that my momma sent us. Thanksgiving cheer was everywhere to be had, and I passed out "Harvest Stickers"

We visited the Israeli Museum today... SUPER COOL. Pretty much I love museums. Especially if we've spent a whole semester learning about them, and then we actually get to see stuff from all the places we have visited! We couldn't take pictures inside, or I would have TONS. This is one that I could take. A MASSIVE representation of Jerusalem in the Second Temple period. I loved this. Also, a gigantic apple... I happened to have an apple with me, so coincidental, and it totally was one more blessing. 

 I snuck this picture.. don't tell!

We had a massive taxi mix up. Let's just say it took over 2 hours to get back, which should have taken us about 10 minutes. It was absolutely hilarious for the first hour, then Amy had to assure me we will be back in time for dinner the remaining 1 1/2 (usually it's me calming her down, another blessing. She said it was because she didn't have to sweat. I totally believe it. I've never seen sweat get someone so agitated, and I find it so great).  Luckily, we got home just in time for me to finish planning the Thanksgiving program for the evening. I hustled and bustled and it turned out great! I even got to put on make up before, what a jewel.
Dinner was delicious. Our sweet chefs tried their hardest to make thanksgiving dinner just like the states. It was tasty! Definitely not my momma's cooking. Nothing could beat that. The program was fabulous. Charles and Brandt did a little bit of corny Thanksgiving jokes, my cute roommies taught everyone a turkey song with our turkey visors, the Muhlestein and Judd kids sang for us, Mary read something my momma sent to me, and cool to remind us how blessed we are and ended with a round of applause for our excellent chefs.
My company was excellent and made the whole dinner. Kerri and Tishara the Judd and Muhlesteins girls with Meredith, my cute roomie!
Cute Judd girls. These two are the cutest little girls you'll ever meet.

Kelsey is so cute and made gum drop turkeys, KB and Wein decided to be our models.
I got to video chat my whole family, they're so amazing! They were all cookin' and together in the same room, without me. Strangely I'm not homesick, today was such an incredible Thanksgiving I don't miss home that much, just wish I could be with the people I love most.
I'll finish the evening with my Christmas music and maybe a Christmas movie.
Also, I'm just sittin on the limestone floors, and  a black cat meander by me.. I yelled outloud, "What the?!" Scaring it half to death, with the security guard coming to chase after it. Oh beautiful day.
WE ARE SO BLESSED!
Thank you pioneers, for all your sacrifice.

2 comments:

  1. A Thanksgiving never to forget. Never. What memories. I am so happy you were homesick, but still wanted to be with your fam. No Thanksgiving is complete with our family song is it? So what am I thankful for? YOU!!!!! And your cute room mates, friends, professors and families, the staff, the guards, and chefs and the MANY who have3 blessed your life in such a significant way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Correction: " I am so happy you were NOT homesick, but still wanted to be with your fam." Whoops! :)

    ReplyDelete