Today was my official first turkey bowl ever! I've always been slightly envious of all the families that play on thanksgiving... I decided to take the bull by the horns and it took me coming to Israel to make it actually happen. One night we were sitting around talking about traditions, and Chels started talking about a turkey bowl. I made it happen.
My deepest secret i'm so ashamed about... sports. I'm awful. I want to get better so so badly, and today was the FIRST time (over age 10) I played Soccer and Football. Pathetic huh? I was in charge of organizing it, getting us there and back then I handed the actual sport part over to the boys.
WE HAD A BLAST! We played soccer amongst this very Israeli neighborhood with many orthodox Jews wandering through with two curles, hats, long coats, and prayer shawls. no one really knew what was going on... Soccer was a total success. Football kinda plopped when the boys would only throw to the boys, so that game lasted for about 15 minutes. Then Frisbee took the cake. Gosh. It was so fun.
My deepest secret i'm so ashamed about... sports. I'm awful. I want to get better so so badly, and today was the FIRST time (over age 10) I played Soccer and Football. Pathetic huh? I was in charge of organizing it, getting us there and back then I handed the actual sport part over to the boys.
WE HAD A BLAST! We played soccer amongst this very Israeli neighborhood with many orthodox Jews wandering through with two curles, hats, long coats, and prayer shawls. no one really knew what was going on... Soccer was a total success. Football kinda plopped when the boys would only throw to the boys, so that game lasted for about 15 minutes. Then Frisbee took the cake. Gosh. It was so fun.
We also had the traditional Backuss thanksgiving party of Butcher and chicken, and catch, head it.
We got in the gates and a crazy water fight broke out!
The fight ended with Brandt dippin meg in this water fountain... She was less than pleased haha
The day is going to end with 3 1/2 hours with this man and a sweet poetry slam!

You party-planning animal you. So happy you had a bull to take by the horns and you jumped in with both feet into .... sports??! Woohoo! For a non-sports person you amaze me. Okay, so actually football was on the schedule at our house (a bunch of elders in the ward organized a game and all our boys were going to go) however it was 5 degrees. The silly boys didn't want to deal with frostbite so they stayed home and sampled food and football on TV Wimps!
ReplyDelete