This was the best party from a super hard couple weeks. Everyone was to dress up in costumes for when the 15-ish kids came trick-or-treating. I was blown away with the creativity by everyone in their costumes! Everyone got way into the idea and we saw so many good ones! Kristi wore all black, skulls painted on her cheeks with a white "C" any guesses? Dead sea! Kylie did the same with all red and the C as the "Red Sea" Andrew, Brant, and Justin dressed up as ancient conquerors (Sennacherib, Nebuchadnezzar, and Shishak), Tessa and Stephanie were ghost busters with paper rolls and ghosts coming out as a trashcan bag, Jessica wore a whole bunch of balloons as a circus clown, Kelsey Woods was a tree with real trees in her hair and an all brown outfit, Jamie was a Banana with yellow trashcan bags, and Megan dressed up as Robert Buss the youngest member here at JC 18 yrs old,
One was a carving station. Who needs pumpkins when you have fruits and veggies? Again, the creativity blew me away. We had face painting, fishing for popcorn in gloves, bobbing for apples and a cake walk. After there was a small dance party, they're so great here because we know and love everyone.
(Written yesterday) I needed a break from studying this morning and decided to look at my families blogs. I think my family has to be the cutest... This is my sister Melissa with her husband Reed being fortune tellers. Oh this makes me so excited to plan costumes for my future hubby and I!
My cute roomies and I. Tessa a Ghost Buster; Meredith a Greek goddess, Jacqueline a Ninja and I was a gypsy.
Queen/King Hatshepsut and Pharaoh!
Jordan the Feral Cat.
Natalie the Granny
Our teacher ophir with his cute kids... Funny story: So halloween doesn't happen here so costumes are difficult to come by, the one on the right in the light blue is a boy =)
Amy being Lindsay; Cherysh the Tourist; Kelcie the tree and Jamie the banana
Jonathan and James as zombie missionaries?
Ancient conquerors Sennacherib(Andrew), Nebuchadnezzar(Justin), and Shishak(Brandt),
Oh you know just hanging out at the best bread corner... They made corn bread for us tonight! Hangin with Dan being Craiggles and Kim the who
Mona Lisa/Brindy!
Dead Sea and the red Sea!
Meggies was the BEST! She was Robert Buss the youngest one here =)
My nerds Heather, Lexy, Jocelyn and Aly. These girls will ALWAYS have the amazing ability to make me happy
Still not quite sure what Lisa was... Something to do with tomatoes and lightning and tornadoes?
We had chilly and corn bread, and different stations. It was a serious BLAST!One was a carving station. Who needs pumpkins when you have fruits and veggies? Again, the creativity blew me away. We had face painting, fishing for popcorn in gloves, bobbing for apples and a cake walk. After there was a small dance party, they're so great here because we know and love everyone.
Meg on the far left was THE best. She had card board and on the back it said "I'm a pottery shard, Want to date me?" Brilliant. Brother Chadwick (our archeologist) i'm sure loved it, Jamie ,Tessa and Steph being ghost busters!
Brother Muhlestein was the best though: He wore all of Dr. Jackson (our directors) clothes with his BYU hat and his sunglass lenses. No one could get it until he hiked up his pants. One thing we love about Brother Jackson, truly his best physical trait.
It was probably the most memorable Halloween... especially the fact we are in JERUSALEM!
Today has been BEAUTIFUL! We had 4 hours of class and headed to the Blood drive! The first time I got my blood taken it was a disaster. I had to be driven home from school because I was so light headed. Good news.... I only had to wait for about an hour or so after. It is so fun to do the drive here because all of our sickies are hanging out here trying to get our blood pumpin' again and just supporting each other. We get to finally go to Hebrew University! It's so nice to not feel overwhelmed and get a second to chill... or 3 hours to waste my life away adding pictures to my blog. Enjoy the pics!
Funny because the papers we had to fill out in order to get our blood taken were in Hebrew. It so happens that Hebrew is written left to right, back to front and we had a version in english left to right... Justin came in about 15 minutes later... "You're STILL filling that thing out?"
Thinkin I was going to be tough... Not going to faint this time.. maybe if i get lucky i won't even get light headed!
Spoke too soon... Look how pale I am... Gah! I ended up on the floor for the next hour. What an adventure
(Written yesterday) I needed a break from studying this morning and decided to look at my families blogs. I think my family has to be the cutest... This is my sister Melissa with her husband Reed being fortune tellers. Oh this makes me so excited to plan costumes for my future hubby and I!
Melis has always been SO creative in everything she does. I will most definitely go to her for every Halloween costume in the future!
Little cute Brooklyn
Then I went to my cute sister in laws blog. I died when I saw this picture of Amaya, the chicken
They're leaving Chile today to come back to the good Ole USA! I'm so excited they'll only be two states away in stead of an ocean!
Jay dressed up as a Ghost!
Pretty much, Halloween is the best. I'm so grateful for technology that keep families connected!
Other random: we have 2 bomb shelters and their toilets look like this... Asian style!
.jpg)
Other random: we have 2 bomb shelters and their toilets look like this... Asian style!
.jpg)
.jpg)

MEGAN!!!!! Sis. Whit. here!! I love you!!! You are the very, most definitely the very best!!!
ReplyDeleteMegs, this is one Halloween you will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER forget. What a blast. C.R.E.A.T.I.V.E. Tis the only word to describe those 79 spunky kids. No wonder you were blown away by all the ideas. What a fun time. That is so funny about the little boy in a girls costume. And as for the blood drive...I was looking at your schedule yesterday and wondered if you dare to do it. You were a belated ghost, white and pasty. I'm proud of you. Did the thought ever cross your mind, "Hey, I can do hard things!"
ReplyDeleteYou are gorgeous! Does everyone tell you that all the time? It's true! Your Halloween looked like a blast! And you were so cute to include us on your blog. I would LOVE to be your 'go-to' girl for every Halloween. It's our favorite! I'm sorry I was a bit A.D.D. on video chat today. I thought you couldn't really hear or see me too. It was so fun to see you though. You just see so close when we do that! I love ever bit of you! Let me know when you want to video chat again!
ReplyDeleteWow friend. I love loved absolutely everything about this post. But my original intention of this comment was to say...your hair is LONG and BEAUTIFUL! I think it's grown six inches since you left and I haven't seen it down in a while. :)
ReplyDeleteP.s. I can't believe you gave blood...my worst fear. :(