These two men came to do call to prayer for us!
This evening was SOOO amazing! This role is something that is a great honor in the Muslim society to be the one to say the prayers. The prayers are broadcasted live over a loud speaker throughout the valley and these two men to the call to prayer in the afternoons. It sounds like a sung prayer, but they aren't "singing" it, it is offensive if you call it that. I didn't know that! The eldest man had MEMORIZED the Koran by age 9. This responsibility runs through family lines, so their grandparents have been doing this for hundreds of years. I love the dedication of these people to their religion. We ate an authentic meal, which i'm not entirely sure what it was. Really greasy, tasty, different food.
Some of my girlies! Left to right: Lexie, Amy, Lisa, Jamie, myself, Tessa and Cherysh. We were stoked to dance!
Sweatin' and dancin. Can it get better? i think not. They had 3 people about our age come teach us to dance. We had a BLAST. Cherysh and I want to combine FHE groups and teach them when we get back to Idyho. I loved this night.
Below the Arabic teacher Iman asking "Shew?" Which means what, and you put your hand out and twist it. This guy is a champ. What a fun evening. We all loved dancing and this night I learned to love the music.
Ahhh the photos didn't come through. However I loved your explanation of life with an Arab twist. Did I ever tell you I'd love to TWIST your way? xo
ReplyDeleteP.S. Do you think anyone has memorized the Book of Mormon????? Hmmm...good new years goal for the year 2022???
ReplyDelete