Cherysh, Myself, Amy and Jamie by the beautifully decorated tables thanks to Sister M and Andrews crew!
So... I got lazy and copied from Megs blog (you can find it here) Last Thursday night, we had a Seder dinner! Our Judaism teacher directed it. The dinner is so structured, I'd never been to anything like it. There are different sections that are symbolic of different parts of the Exodus. This consisted of drinking 4 glasses of grape juice, eating bitter herbs and matza bread, singing lots of songs, reciting lots of prayers, and eating a delicious 5-course meal. The whole thing took about 4 hours...not gonna' lie, I'm glad the meals on our holidays don't usually last that long. No, it was really fun and really interesting. The evening ended with an awesome Jewish rap...you can't even imagine.
Cute Ashley breaking the Matza cracker
We got to eat with President and Sister Ohman! They're such wonderful people, and so much fun to get to know.
The whole point of all the silly songs, raps and excitement was the keep the kids up late so the very end they hid the other half of the Matza bread that Ophir hid and cute Amanda got the prize of "Lots and lots" of candy". Ophir's darling daughter Yammia has the prize for her.
The book we read from the whole evening! With my wonderful Tessa
Myself, Rachel, Megan, Tahna, Ophir and his daughter, miriam, Tarah, Lizzy, Amy, Kristy, Jocelyn, Kelsey and Ashley!
Oh my goodness! A seder meal in Jerusalem??? How cool is that? I thought you wouldn't be able to blog until Saturday til you get to the Hebrew University? So glad I checked. Can't wait to read on....xooxxo
ReplyDelete