It's 10:00 Sunday morning and I do believe today has been one of the best days of my life.
Five things I'm absolutely loving today:
1. Sunshine- a necessary every day thing for me. Each morning I wake up looking forward to pulling back the curtains to our porch and see the sun shining. In my future dream house I want a porch. A big welcoming one.. with a swing. It has to be facing East so I can watch the world light up. When i am in a room with closed curtains and it's bright outside, they are opened, even if they aren't my curtains. I have my mom to thank for this one.
2. Watches- $2 on ebay- free shipping- got it in one week from Hong Kong. I suggest it for anyone. A little reminder so easily accessible to make sure i'm planning my life and organizing my time wisely. I've never really used one before Jerusalem because I've always had a phone to keep track of that. I've now discovered the beauty of it!
3. Birthdays- By ten this morning we had already celebrated 2 birthdays! Jacqueline planned to make pumpkin waffles for Kimberly Westwood and it was no easy task. She has been planning this since day one. She got the dry ingredients from Sister Judd + the pumpkin as left over food from the families that lived here before, wet ingredients from Sister Muhlestein, Waffle Maker from Sister Lewis (She brought it to church for us) massive 30 pound converter from Sister Judd, and asked the Ohmans if we could cook in their apartment. It was quite a bit of work for 20 minute breakfast for cute Kim. Also, they had a big nursing test this morning that Jacqueline could have been studying for it, instead of making a breakfast dinner. What an incredible friend.
Look at this darling face!
I was dropping off the extra ingredients to the Judds and cute 8 year old Lisa asked if I was going to Tishara's (the Muhlesteins 12 year old) birthday party. It started in 8 minutes. Heck yeah! I've never been to a party at 9:00 in the morning! They are so darling to do this for her. It was "luau" themed. She taught us how to hula, we did the limbo (wow some people can seriously bend!), danced to Waka Waka and dedicated it to her, ending with a big huge group hug centered around her. We were congratulating Brandt for his abilities with the limbo and he said,
Megs bending like a crazy person!
Dancing Waka Waka!
4. Hair Band- instant happiness that take 4.5 seconds. I don't know what i'd do without being able to pull my hair back on those days that I don't want to get ready.
playing with some of the girls! Little alexia on the right picked up Megan all the way.
5. Bananas- Can't live without them. I only have them about 3 or 4 times a week (If i'm lucky) and i can't get enough of them! We walked up to "Crash Corner" and I got to pick 5 bananas from the stalk and paid 2 1/2 shekels for them. As dad would say, "What a SCREAMING deal!"
The rest of the day is dedicated to homework while overlooking this gorgeous city of Jerusalem.
A few more pictures: Below: I walked into Jacqueline and Kims "Study Room" They were kickin it my kind of study style!
Below that: Brandt and I dancing to Anastasia- fat man style.
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are looking so good and sounding great! You are leaning so much. I am learning so much from you! Keep writing and I looked on ebay and where are the $2 watches??? I want one! XOXOXOXO and a squawk from B!
ReplyDelete1. Sunshine--oh yeah--gotta have it 2. Watches--hmm...the black one came too but I don't know how to set it, help! 3. Birthday, well, you already know how I feel about them 4. Hair bands--only in my dreams, glad they make life happier for you 5. Banana--oh it's the little things that make life so great. I love this peak into your brain. And I LOVED the fat man dancing. Ha! Can't you enjoy life a little more??
ReplyDelete