Our FHE group has been planning a "Family camp out" since the first day we met. We're all so different with so many different interests and personalities, but we definitely have SO much fun together. Our doubting brother Austin questioned our abilities in pulling our camp out off. We planned the first week and it fell through. The second week our father Justin, and mother Jocelyn, made committees for all of us to be on. This camp out we were to make the most epic fort the Jerusalem Center has ever beheld. (I'm actually not sure if there has ever been a fort made here, so we had a lot to live up to) We had a s'more committee ( I was the chair), blanket committee, weights committee to hold down the blankets, and movie committee. We all delivered!
After we ate our microwaved s'mores Stephanie reminded us that it was Canada's Thanksgiving. We all squished under our fort into a circle and went around saying one thing we are grateful for. It was kinda cheesy and so much fun to do. We worked on pictures and homework while we watched Cool Runnings in honor of the Holiday. I really felt like I got to know my FHE family a lot better. All the people in my group I haven't really become particularly close to, but i've wanted to get to know each of them better and Heavenly Father made a perfect opportunity for me to do that.
Today we finished our Hebrew midterm! I love that class. This is only a 1 credit pass/fail class, but I wish we could learn more. It's such a beautiful language and easy to speak. There aren't any accents like latin languages, the writing it is beautiful, and it's a fun change to write from right to left. We all look forward to going to class because we get to learn a lot about the Jewish culture and new songs in Hebrew each week!
This morning Amy cringed and said "ewww... No!" She figured out we 68 more days here. I want to cry. This is so sad. I feel like i'm falling more and more in love with this place and the people each day. Just a couple of examples. So i've been sick and EVERYONE is worried about it. Seriously, I've never felt so loved in my life. I have at least 4-5 people ask me every couple hours how I'm doing. Cherysh has kept me up on all my meds and even broken up my mucus for me by doing some back massage deal. Amy offered to hold my stuff and would rub my back whenever I had coughing attacks, asking me always how i'm doing or if there is anything that she could do to make me more comfortable. I've had at least 10 girls offer cough drops, vitamin C, other vitamins and their love and care. Miriam and Megan just leaned over to me and said they had something for me. They drew me a get well soon card and the reasons why I should get better. I seriously don't understand how I got so blessed to have such wonderful friends.
Miriam put it so well, "it hit me that we have become friends, and living companions, and support systems, and venting listeners, and studying partners, and alarm clocks, and clothes sharers, and dancing party starters, and sympathizers, and pumper uppers, and secret surprise party planners, and travel guides, and picture taking experts, and bad hygiene tolerators, and bluntly honest tellers, and blossoming romance watchers, and expert matchmakers, and blog followers, (and blog stalkers), and every meal with each other eaters, and shortening words talkers, and slow internet frustratees, and security lovers, and explorers, teacher worshipers, adventure seekers, fanny pack packing experts, and straight up family."
A super sad realization: Brother Muhlestein told us today we only have 2 weeks and 2 days left with him. NO! It's going to fast! We're going to rebel... We're actually really excited to get to know the Judds, but it has been so so much fun with the Muhlesteins. He really has become a dad to us. We all look up to him SO much. He motivates us with his love and cares so so much about each one of us. Today he and I were talking about our upcoming trip to Eliat to go snorkeling. He was telling me about all the beautiful places he has been snorkeling and said this was one of his favorites. After we got done talking HE thanked ME for talking to him! Are you kidding? He's so great to take a couple minutes to talk to me! I'm certainly going to miss going on field trips with his family and learning from him everyday. I'm really really excited to get to know the Judds better!
Jamie(S'mores) , Justin (pops and weights) , Lizzy (blanket) , Andrew (weights) and Raelynn (blankets)
After the spiritual thought we headed to the 6th floor to set up.
Raelynn and I fixing up the s'mores in the snack shack microwave. She was pro at the microwave S'mores. Israeli Marshmallows aren't nearly as good as American ones, but the Dairy Milk chocolate made up for it.
Our cute mommy Jocelyn
Our fort making team was pro. We found some wire in the corner and Andrew was very inventive.
Justin, Perry, Jamie, Raelynn, Stephy, Andrew
Jocelyn, Austin, Myself, and lizzy!
Thanks to mom for packing a penguin blanket in, Justin decided to make it our family crest.
Enojoyin the s'mores!
"our crazy uncle" Brandt drunk on coke again! can't keep him away no matter how hard we try =)
This morning Amy cringed and said "ewww... No!" She figured out we 68 more days here. I want to cry. This is so sad. I feel like i'm falling more and more in love with this place and the people each day. Just a couple of examples. So i've been sick and EVERYONE is worried about it. Seriously, I've never felt so loved in my life. I have at least 4-5 people ask me every couple hours how I'm doing. Cherysh has kept me up on all my meds and even broken up my mucus for me by doing some back massage deal. Amy offered to hold my stuff and would rub my back whenever I had coughing attacks, asking me always how i'm doing or if there is anything that she could do to make me more comfortable. I've had at least 10 girls offer cough drops, vitamin C, other vitamins and their love and care. Miriam and Megan just leaned over to me and said they had something for me. They drew me a get well soon card and the reasons why I should get better. I seriously don't understand how I got so blessed to have such wonderful friends.
Miriam put it so well, "it hit me that we have become friends, and living companions, and support systems, and venting listeners, and studying partners, and alarm clocks, and clothes sharers, and dancing party starters, and sympathizers, and pumper uppers, and secret surprise party planners, and travel guides, and picture taking experts, and bad hygiene tolerators, and bluntly honest tellers, and blossoming romance watchers, and expert matchmakers, and blog followers, (and blog stalkers), and every meal with each other eaters, and shortening words talkers, and slow internet frustratees, and security lovers, and explorers, teacher worshipers, adventure seekers, fanny pack packing experts, and straight up family."
A super sad realization: Brother Muhlestein told us today we only have 2 weeks and 2 days left with him. NO! It's going to fast! We're going to rebel... We're actually really excited to get to know the Judds, but it has been so so much fun with the Muhlesteins. He really has become a dad to us. We all look up to him SO much. He motivates us with his love and cares so so much about each one of us. Today he and I were talking about our upcoming trip to Eliat to go snorkeling. He was telling me about all the beautiful places he has been snorkeling and said this was one of his favorites. After we got done talking HE thanked ME for talking to him! Are you kidding? He's so great to take a couple minutes to talk to me! I'm certainly going to miss going on field trips with his family and learning from him everyday. I'm really really excited to get to know the Judds better!

I'm speechless. So are my fingers. That was the sweetest blog. I have nothing cute, witty, intelligent or boring to say. Megs, how could you be so blessed to rub shoulders with amazing people like these? Just shaking my head and next I'll get on my knees.
ReplyDelete