Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween???

This will be my first Halloween away from home ever. Mom just has too many fun traditions I couldn't miss it in previous years, even at school.

Just re-living the good ole days:
- Boiling black cauldron with DRY ICE and grape juice!
- Carving pumpkins
- Cooking "home made" pumpkin seeds
- Listen to the Monster Mash (Actually mom sent it to me this year. Its already been put to great use!)
- give king size candy bars away to the few kids that make it up our driveway
- Deck out the house in Halloween decorations
- play with the fake spider web
- Get pumpkins from the "Pumpkin Patch"
-  make haunted houses out of Graham Crackers
- Eat soup out of a pumpkin
- Neighborhood hot dogs and soda. It has been a tradition ever since we've moved into our house (17 years!)
- Brother Cutlers masterful pumpkin carvings
- Glow in the Dark Halloween scary books. (my personal Favorite. I ADORE these books)
- Mom waking us up in a Halloween costume
Mostly, I just love my family and the traditions we've created. I'll never forget my Israeli Halloween, but love to reminisce on the amazing times we've had!

For our Halloween: Thursday is the actual party and I am most definitely excited about that. Last night at midnight on the dot I yelled as loud as I could "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!" and danced to the Monster mash. This morning I woke up to cute Tessa wishing us all Happy Halloween. I ran up to breakfast and yelled, "I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!!!" Then proceeded to play Monster Mash while decorating each table with confetti in the shape/color of Pumpkins, Bats, and skulls while wearing my candy corn necklace. (All of this made possible by my cute mom who sent me these) Breakfast talk was all about our past costumes and traditions.

It's been a busy day with LOADS of studying, but completely great. The electricity even went of two different times today, just for Halloween! We're celebrating on Thursday for the Muhlestein and Judd families, we're all stoked!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! I love you mom's traditions too. I want to start all of them with our family too (once we're actually in the States for a Halloween and can do them). As usual your blog is amazing Megs. What incredible times! You absolutely have to make your blog into a book. I can't wait to see it all put together. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly gee willikers my littlest pumpkin, I'm blushing. Thanks for your kind words, but the truth is it's your fault. The more you and your siblings liked what I did, the more I did. So there you have it. Thanks to you all, we all like holidays now! Let the BIG holidays begin!

    ReplyDelete