This was a much different field trip than most...
This museum is dedicated to the Holocaust. I am so grateful that they have these kind of things just to make sure history does NOT repeat itself. What a humbling and morbid experience.
The things that I really, really enjoyed was a Kids orphanage Janusz Korkzac with the actually shoes of the people. That was heart wrenching.
This museum is dedicated to the Holocaust. I am so grateful that they have these kind of things just to make sure history does NOT repeat itself. What a humbling and morbid experience.
Above us says something in Hebrew. We got to go with our Jewish teacher and it made it THAT much more realistic!
This is the pillar of heroism.
The things that I really, really enjoyed was a Kids orphanage Janusz Korkzac with the actually shoes of the people. That was heart wrenching.
·
What does the name Yad Vashem mean and where is the name derived?
“A name and a memorial” from Isaiah 56:5 “a monument and a name”
·
How is the Museum of the Holocaust organized and what is the
intent of the exhibitions?
It’s organized into 10 exhibition halls, each hall focuses on
different periods of the holocaust beginning with Hitler’s rise to power in
pre-war Germany and the culminating horrors of Nazi death camps.
·
What is The Martyrs’ and Heroes’ Remembrance Law passed by the
Israeli Knesset in 1953? Commemorates the righteous Gentiles (non-jews), who risked their
lives to save Jews during the Holocaust.
No comments:
Post a Comment